Poshmark is a marketplace like eBay (think online thrift shopping), where sellers list their own garments and sell online through an app. They have been around since 2011 so it had plenty of time to die out if that was its destiny. I finally took the plunge into the much-hyped world of Poshmark.
Why I Shopped Poshmark
I love Cabi and I’m a huge “promoter”. You can read about my love for Cabi here but their items can be pricey and every season I have to force myself to stay within a budget when I attend a show or I could end up spending a fortune! LOL
I know that many of the Cabi stylists sell their samples on Poshmark, so I constantly look for items I liked, but didn’t purchase.
After stalking Poshmark for over a year, I finally took the plunge and purchased my first item. I bought this Cabi jacket. I liked the vintage flair. It’s part of a collection from a few years back, but the style (fringe still in) and color is classic enough to wear this season.
This jacket is car coat length and I liked that I could wear it as outerwear and as a blazer. The jacket was $180 and I got it for $35! Ordering was easy. Shipping by this seller was free! This was a nice surprise as most sellers have shipping charges. I received the jacket within a week. The seller wrapped it in tissue and to be honest this jacket doesn’t even look like it was worn. I love the look. This will be a nice versatile piece that I can dress up or down.
So, my 1st experience has been extremely positive . I will go back to this sellers site and watch for other Cabi items she lists!
- Ask questions! Don’t be afraid to ask for more pictures, item descriptions, or any other questions you may have regarding an item.
- Shipping costs Normally you pay for the shipping, but you can find sellers who include free shipping
- Know what you’re buying I know it’s time consuming, but it will save you a lot of heartbreak if you do some research up front. Search eBay and other Poshmark closets before settling on an item to make sure you’re getting the best deal and quality!
- Make offers! Many sellers are flexible when it comes to price. Don’t be afraid to make an offer and see if you can bring the price down a little bit.
- Search, search, search Poshmark is great because it takes the work out of thrift shopping. Search for your favorite brands, styles, and sizes all in one place!
Have you used Poshmark? Do you like it more than other places you buy second-hand clothes? Leave us a comment and let us know your thoughts!