2017 Spring Fashion Trends
1. The Jumpsuit – great alternative to the dress and are so comfortable. The jumpsuit
2. Flatforms – Adds height, but comfort of flats. Flatforms
3. Cold Shoulder/ Off The Shoulder – The trend is still going strong for spring 2017. I’m seeing them everywhere in spring resort wear. Fringe Top
4. Khaki – khaki… khaki dresses, khaki coats, etc. Khaki Jacket
5. Floral Prints – Another strong trend for Spring 2017. If your not a “floral top or pant” type of gal, try incorporating this trend with an accessory. (scarf, shoe or handbag) Floral Top
6. Neckerchief – Love this trend and an easier type of scarf to wear for those who don’t like the bulk of blanket scarves and large wrap scarves. Plus, it hides neck wrinkles. Scarf
7. Stripes – Stripes have been big for a while now, but this spring is all about bold colors anchored with black. Stripe Top
8. Statement Earrings – The bigger, the better! Tassel earrings are still a huge trend in 2017 Tassel Earrings
9. Robe Inspired Cardigan- Fresh take on a cardigan. Robe Cardigan
Wardrobe Essentials for Winter 2016/2017
Ankle Boots / Booties
Ankle boots are one of the hottest trends going this year. Pair them with ankle-length jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses . . . everything! Below are from White House Black Market
While ankle boots are trending right now, a classic riding boot will never go out of style. Over the knee boots are fun and modern, but they’re not for everyone so consider your wardrobe and your lifestyle and determine which investment makes the most sense.
Tory Burch riding boots are a classic. These boots will be in your closet for many years. They’re also available in wide calf.
Poncho and Capes
Ponchos & Capes are back this fall and they’re hotter than ever. Of course, it’s hard to fit a coat on over a poncho, so you can only really wear them when the weather is chilly enough for layers and warm enough to run around without a heavy winter coat. But still, we think its a great transitional piece every woman should have at least one in her fall wardrobe. This Fringed Striped Poncho is really cute and versatile. Throw it on over a dress or wear it with jeans and a tee as shown below.
Love capes! I have a variety in both cotton and cashmere. They are a staple for me and great for all of the traveling I do. These are from my favorite stores Oz and Diesel and Lulu on Cape Cod. They are all lightweight and has a nice drape to them so they are not overwhelming. Added bonus they are easy to pack or throw in a tote.
Long Cardigan Sweaters
We like open-front cardigans. This Shawl Collar Cocoon Cardigan is a great basic. This style of cardigan is flattering on all body types.
Ankle Length Skinny Jeans or Slim Boyfriend Jeans
We swear by NYDJ and believe it’s worth every penny, but do try to buy them on sale. This year, ankle skinny jeans seem to be the top denim trend, seconded by distressed girlfriend jeans (these are a slimmed-down version of the boyfriend jeans that were popular in the past two years.) This is because they are perfect for wearing with ankle boots and ballet flats (both also trending.) We also like that NYDJ come in Regular, Plus, Petite and Tall.
If you like colored denim, burgundy or tan are the hot color this season.
Neutral Tote or Hobo
A fabulous handbag for the season is always a great accessory. If you’re going to buy only one new handbag this season, we recommend going for a neutral. Right now neutrals are trending, and there are so many great choices. For a good mid-size everyday bag, take a look at the Tory Burch Pebbled Leather Tote
This Sole Society Raven Tote is only $38!
If we were to buy a color this season, we would go with something in burgundy, such as The Rebecca Minkoff Brynn Hobo in Port. It also comes in black.
A Cold Shoulder Dress
Off the shoulder, cold-shoulder, shoulders are clearly having a moment right now. There’s something chic/sexy about a woman’s shoulder exposed and they also hide those parts of your arms that you don’t want exposed! Good news, the shoulder trends are here to stay for this fall 2016. Add a jean jacket and you can dress it down for a more casual look. We like both of these options from Chico’s.
Blanket scarves are back this year and they’re bigger and bolder than ever! TIP…A blanket scarf is a great way to update your wardrobe without breaking the bank.
I ordered this BP. Plaid Square Scarf and it comes in 2 other colors as well. It’s only $29.
Finally, you will want a few basic t-shirts for layering under your cardigans, ponchos, jackets, and blanket scarves. We love the Caslon Relaxed Slub U-Neck Tee from Nordstrom. This t-shirt is on the thinner side. It comes in 8 colors and comes in regular and petite.